Effective Date: January 2019
This Terms & Conditions govern your use of the Perspective Careers website located at https://www.perspectivecareers.com (the “Website”). This document is a legal agreement between you and Condé Nast International Limited, The Adelphi, 1-11 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6HT/ Condé Nast Publications Limited, Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU (“Condé Nast”, “us” or “we”).
By using our Website, you confirm that you accept this Terms & Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website. This Terms & Conditions applies to individuals applying for roles on the Website (“Applicant”), companies advertising roles on the Website (“Advertiser”) and any other users who access or use the Website.
This Website is owned and operated by Condé Nast International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05516970 with its registered office at The Adelphi, 1-11 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6HT/ Condé Nast Publications Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00226900 with its registered office at Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use this Website.
Where we refer to “Content” we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Website, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties. Condé Nast and its affiliates and its suppliers own all rights, titles and interests in and to the Website and Content presented on the Website, including logos, graphics, videos, images, software and other materials.
Where we refer to “you” and “your” this means or relates to you the user. “Applicant” refers to users that submit User Content in relation to any advertisement for a role. “Advertiser” refers to any legal person that advertises a role on the Website.
You understand and agree that we may add to or change these terms and conditions at any time. New terms and conditions are effective immediately upon posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall constitute on-going acceptance of these terms and conditions, as updated from time-to-time. We therefore recommend that you check this page regularly.
We reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional terms and conditions that apply to specific parts of the Website or to any service we decide to offer through the Website. Such additional terms and conditions will be posted in the relevant parts of the Website and will be clearly identified. Your use of those parts of the Website constitutes your agreement to those additional terms and conditions.
We do not introduce or supply work-seekers to hirers (or vice versa). You understand and agree that we do not inquire into the backgrounds of any Advertiser or Applicant or, in any way, verify any of the statements or Content of any Advertiser or Applicant. Each Advertiser and Applicant shall be responsible for:
- conducting any background checks, reference checks, or other due diligence that may be required or desirable before making an offer of employment or engagement or accepting an offer of employment or engagement; and
- complying with all laws and regulations relating to the employment or engagement of any Applicant.
We shall not charge any Applicant a fee in relation to their usage of the Website.
2. Your Account
If you are an Applicant, you will be required to register and create an account, if you wish to view and apply for job opportunities on the Website.
If you are an Advertiser, you will be required to register and create an account, if you wish to post a job application on the Website.
Once you have created an account, do not reveal your account information to anyone. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account and for all activities that occur on or through it. You agree to notify Condé Nast if you become aware of a security incident or breach affecting your account, including where you believe your password may have been compromised. Condé Nast is not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account from unauthorised users or for any losses arising out of or in connection with the unauthorised use of your account where caused by you.
You agree to only use the Website as expressly permitted herein.
3. Materials by Applicants or Advertisers
“User Content” means any content that you as either an applicant or an advertiser, or other users upload, submit or make available on the Website.
We reserve the right to, but undertake no duty to, review, edit, move or delete any User Content in our sole discretion and without notice.
We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted as User Content. Any information or material placed online by other users of the Website, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not represent the view of Condé Nast. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we have no responsibility or liability to you for User Content including for any failure to or delay in removing User Content. If you have a complaint about any User Content, see the Complaints section below.
You are solely responsible for your User Content and may be held liable for User Content that you post.
In this regard, you agree that you will comply with the following Acceptable User Content Policy and not submit User Content that:
- upload, download, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any data that is unlawful, harmful, tortious, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- is hateful, abusive, racist, discriminatory, sexually offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening to another user, promotes violence, is infringing of third party rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights, or confidentiality), invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, disruptive to the flow of chat or in our reasonable view, otherwise objectionable;
- impersonates another person (including celebrities), indicates falsely that you are an employee or a representative of Condé Nast or its companies or business partners, pretend to be anyone you are not or misrepresent who you are, your age, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person. If you are Applicant, you shall not post any CV or apply for any job on behalf of another party. Condé Nast reserves the right to reject or block any account which could be deemed to be an impersonation or misrepresentation of your identity, or a misappropriation of another person’s name or identity, or has been used to hijack another user’s data;
- you do not own or have the rights to submit or that is illegal or infringe any person’s intellectual property rights (including uploading any content to which you do not have the right to upload);
- promotes any form of illegal activity including (by way of example) hacking, drug taking, terrorism, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software or upload, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to harm, interfere or limit the normal operation of the Website (or any part thereof), or any other computer software or hardware;
- contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind or could constitute junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities not anticipated by Advertisers providing User Content on this Website;
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website, or otherwise adversely affects, restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Website or interfere with or disrupt the Website (including accessing the Website through any automated means, like scripts or web crawlers), or any servers or networks connected to the Website, or any policies, requirements or regulations of networks connected to the Website (including any unauthorised access to, use or monitoring of data or traffic thereon);
- contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other similar harmful programming routine;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decode, create derivative works of, gain access to the source code, or modify the Website except and then solely to the extent permitted under applicable law.
When you submit User Content, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), worldwide, irrevocable licence to exploit it in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party and you waive, and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your User Content.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
All Content and other material on the Website, including all intellectual property rights whether registered or not, is owned by us or our third party licensors (and is protected by international copyright, trade dress, design, patent, and trade mark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights). All such rights are reserved to us and our licensors. No portion of the Website may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted in this Terms & Conditions or where permitted by applicable law. You shall not remove any product identification, copyright notices or proprietary restrictions from the Website.
You acknowledge that ‘Vogue’, ‘House and Garden’, ‘Brides’, ‘Tatler’, ‘GQ’, ‘GQ Style’, ‘The World of Interiors’, ‘Vanity Fair’, ‘Condé Nast Traveller’, ‘Glamour’, ‘LOVE’, ‘Wired’, ‘Condé Nast Johansens’ and ‘Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design’ and any other brands or logos that belong to us displayed in Content or within the Website are Condé Nast trade marks (the “Condé Nast Trade Marks“) and that you may not use them without written permission from Condé Nast.
You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, patent, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Website. You may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or make any unauthorised copies of Content found on this Website.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that Website access is licensed and not sold to you, and subject to your compliance with this Terms & Conditions, Condé Nast, its licensors, affiliates, and its suppliers, grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use this Website solely for your personal use, if you are an Applicant, and solely for your professional use to advertise job roles, if you are an Advertiser. Except for the foregoing license, you have no other rights in the Website or any Content and you may not remove, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, obscure, alter, modify, enhance, or in any way exploit any of the Website, Condé Nast Trademarks or Content in any manner.
You therefore acknowledge and agree that Condé Nast and/or its licensors do not transfer to any user any ownership or proprietary rights in the Website, any intellectual property rights, or any other technology, information or materials, and as between the parties, Condé Nast, its affiliates, its suppliers, and its licensors, retain exclusive ownership of all right, title and interest in and to all aspects of the Website, any intellectual property rights, and all other technology, information and materials, as well as any and all copies or modifications thereof (by whomever made and whenever made). RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED BY CONDÉ NAST AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
If you, or any other person under your responsibility, breach any of the provisions in this Terms & Conditions, the above licence will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Content and any such breach may result in further legal action.
5. Termination or Deletion of Your Account
You may ask Condé Nast to delete your account at any time by emailing [email protected] Your account and all information, including personal data, stored in your account will be deleted upon receipt and processing of your delete request. Please be aware that it may take up to 72 hours to process your request.
If you issue a delete request or if we terminate your account, your account information (including CVs, profiles, cover letters and saved applications) will be marked as deleted and may be deleted from Condé Nast’s databases.
Condé Nast has no responsibility for retaining/storing or backing up your account. You are solely responsible for retaining/maintaining/storing and backing up (electronically and/or with hard copies) any data that you wish to preserve. Condé Nast reserves the right to delete your account after a significant duration of inactivity. We will attempt to notify you in advance so that you have an opportunity to ensure your account stays current and available for your use.
Condé Nast may suspend or terminate your account for any of the following reasons without advance notice to you:
- Any violation by you of this Terms & Conditions.
- Failure to provide accurate, current and complete account information.
- Failure to report any security incident or any actual or suspected compromise of your password or account.
6. Additional Terms Applicable to Advertisers:
You acknowledge that Condé Nast is making this Website available to you free of charge during the beta stage only (such period to be determined by Condé Nast at its sole discretion). Condé Nast reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to either continue to offer the Website and any services provided to you at any time during or after the beta stage or terminate the Website or any services offer or provided through it upon completion of the beta stage. In the event that Conde Nast decides, in its sole discretion, to continue to offer the Website and to offer new or additional services through the Website, you may be required to enter into an additional agreement or set of terms and conditions if you wish to continue using the Website and any services offered through it.
If you do not enter into a new agreement or set of terms and conditions after the beta stage or if we terminate your account at any time, your account information (including submitted applications and Applicant CVs) will be marked as deleted and may be deleted from Condé Nast’s databases.
(ii) Job Postings:
You, as Advertiser, are solely responsible for your job postings on the Website. Condé Nast is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to your use of the Website, and Condé Nast shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by an Advertiser posting jobs on the Website. You agree that you will not send job postings to Condé Nast or request Condé Nast upload content on the Website which contains:
- inaccurate, false or misleading information;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of the employing entity save where expressly agreed by Condé Nast; and
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 16.
You may not use your job posting or content page on the Website to:
- sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment;
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labour and employment, anti-slavery, equality or equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data protection or privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with applicable local, national and international laws;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the job or is otherwise unlawful; or
- post jobs or other advertisements for competitors of Condé Nast or post jobs or other content that contains links to any website competitive with Condé Nast.
Condé Nast reserves the right to refuse to upload (or, if already uploaded, remove) any job posting or User Content from the Website, which in the reasonable exercise of Condé Nast’s discretion, does not comply with our Terms & Conditions, or if any User Content is posted that Condé Nast believes is not in the best interest of Condé Nast. Condé Nast is not responsible for the quality, safety or legality of the jobs posted on the Website, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to Applicants or the ability of Applicants to fill job openings and Condé Nast makes no representations about any job postings on the site. While Condé Nast reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to upload or remove job postings or other User Content or material from the Website from time to time, Condé Nast does not assume any obligations to do so and to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take such action. You hereby agree to indemnify Condé Nast to the fullest extent permitted by law in respect of any and all liabilities that it may incur or suffer (including but not limited to legal fees) that may arise from, in connection with any job posting or application process in relation to any job posting.
In respect of each job posting, you must provide us with such information, documentation and confirmations as we may request of you and your written authority for us to provide all of the same to Applicants.
(iv) Rules about linking to our Website:
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
7. Additional Terms Applicable to Applicants:
When you submit an application via the Website, any User Content you upload to our Website in connection with such application will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all your ownership rights in your User Content, and you grant to Condé Nast a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties, including Advertisers.
In respect of each position or job posting, you must provide us with such information, documentation and confirmations as we may request of you and your written authority for us to provide all of the same to Advertisers.
8. Suitability of an Applicant for a job posting
Advertisers and Applicants are encouraged to make themselves aware of any requirements imposed by law, or by any professional body, which must be satisfied by the Advertiser or an Applicant in order for an Applicant to fill any position or job posting that might be offered to him or her or which they seek to fill.
9. Links to Third Party Websites
This Website may be linked to other websites that are not sites controlled or operated by Condé Nast (collectively, “Third-Party Sites”). You acknowledge and agree that the Third-Party Sites may have different privacy policies and terms and conditions and/or user guides and business practices than Condé Nast, and you further acknowledge and agree that your use of such Third-Party Sites is governed by the respective Third-Party Site privacy notice and terms and conditions and/or user guides. You hereby agree to comply with any and all terms and conditions, user guides and privacy policies of any of Third-Party Sites. Condé Nast is providing links to the Third-Party Sites to you as a convenience, and Condé Nast does not verify, make any representations or take responsibility for such Third-Party Sites, including, without limitation, the truthfulness, accuracy, quality or completeness of the content, services, links displayed and/or any other activities conducted on or through such Third-Party Sites. YOU AGREE THAT CONDÉ NAST WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, RESOURCES AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES AND/OR THIRD-PARTY DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR FOR ANY HARM RELATED THERETO, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OR BUSINESS PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD-PARTY. Any reference on the Website to any product, service, publication, institution, or organisation of any third-party entity or individual does not constitute or imply Condé Nast’s endorsement or recommendation.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. Although Condé Nast believes the data displayed in the Website to be accurate, Condé Nast makes no representation, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information. In no event will Condé Nast be liable to you for any losses from mistakes, omissions or delays in transmission of information, or from interruptions in telecommunications connections to the Website.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CONDÉ NAST, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS PROVIDE THE WEBSITE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS AND WITHOUT ANY OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND QUALITY AND OF LACK OF VIRUSES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY CONDÉ NAST OR A CONDÉ NAST AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.
Condé Nast, its affiliates and its third-party providers do not warrant that the Website will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. To the extent applicable law requires Condé Nast to provide warranties, you agree that the scope and duration of such warranty shall be to the minimum extent required to be provided under such applicable law.
- For German and Swiss non-Advertiser Users: This provision applies to you instead of section 9. The Website is provided “as is” and “as available”. While seeking to avoid extensive downtimes and significant impediments to the usability of the Website to the extent possible, Condé Nast does not warrant or guarantee error-free and uninterrupted accessibility and usability of the Website or of any of the functions contained therein. Your statutory warranty rights remain unaffected by the foregoing.
- For UK users: Nothing in Section 9 shall affect the statutory warranties in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or accuracy of description.
11. Limitation of Liability
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY LOSSES THAT YOU MAY INCUR AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF Condé Nast, ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TERMS & CONDITIONS AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO EITHER THE FIXING, REPAIRING OR OTHERWISE RECTIFYING ANY FAULTS WITHIN THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF ANY SUCH LOSS WAS FORESEEABLE OR CONTEMPLATED BY THE PARTIES, OR WHERE APPLICABLE, THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE WEBSITE ACCESS OR $10.00. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Condé Nast, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR MONETARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, FOR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, FOR LOSS FROM ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS TERMS & CONDITIONS), EVEN IF Condé Nast, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF THE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. ONLY YOU CAN IMPLEMENT BACK-UP PLANS AND SAFEGUARDS NECESSARY TO APPROPRIATELY ADDRESS YOUR NEEDS IN THE EVENT AN ERROR IN THE WEBSITE CAUSES COMPUTER PROBLEMS AND RELATED DATA LOSSES. FOR THESE BUSINESS REASONS YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WITHOUT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS PROVISION, ANY APPLICABLE FEE CHARGED, WOULD BE HIGHER.
Nothing in this Terms & Conditions shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising out of our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation in connection with the Website.
Some countries/states/provinces/jurisdictions prohibit or limit the exclusion or limitation of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- For German non-Advertiser Users: Condé Nast will be liable for any culpable breach of material contractual obligations (cardinal obligations). Cardinal obligations are contractual obligations that must be fulfilled to permit proper execution of this Terms & Conditions and may regularly be relied upon by you. Condé Nast’s liability will otherwise be limited to gross negligence and wilful misconduct. In the event of any liability on the part of Condé Nast due a slightly negligent breach of cardinal obligations or slight misconduct on the part of simple vicarious agents, Condé Nast’s liability will be limited to typically foreseeable damages. This will not affect any mandatory statutory liability, in particular Condé Nast’s liability in connection with the loss of life, bodily injury or illness. Provision 13 does not apply to users located in Germany.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Condé Nast and its affiliates, licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives and assigns, from any and all claims, actions, suits and liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal and expert fees) that may arise from your User Content, from your unauthorised use of our Content, or from your breach of this Terms & Conditions, or from your infringement of any third party rights including any infringement of their copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party by you or others in your household or organisation or otherwise in connection with your or their use of the Website where such use is by negligent act, omission, or wilful misconduct.
Any data, comments or materials that you supply via the Website or provide to Condé Nast in order to receive support, including feedback data, such as questions, comments suggestions, or the like (“Feedback”), shall be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. Condé Nast shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transfer, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation, except for personal information which might be included in the Feedback. Furthermore, Condé Nast shall be free to use any idea, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
14. Applicable Law
This Terms & Conditions, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Terms & Conditions. The parties hereby agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts does not govern this Terms & Conditions for the International Sale of Goods.
If any provision of this Terms & Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of this Terms & Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the postal or email address set out at the head of this Terms & Conditions.